I have been very fortunate to have had two successful careers in marketing and in the fitness profession.
I graduated with a degree in English from Brigham Young University in 1999. As a copywriter and editor, I published numerous pieces for FARMS (Foundation For Ancient Research And Mormon Studies) and created articles and educational materials for both BYU and UVSC writing and reading labs. I also contributed nutrition and fitness-related articles to Healthy Utah Magazine and Club Solutions Magazine.
For the past five years, I’ve held the position of Marketing Director for Streampage. I've worked with 75 BBBs across the country, producing consumer and business facing content for more than 35 different industries (feature articles, banner ads, landing pages, sales sheets, ebooks, social media posting, social media ads, billboard ads, and more). My team and I also produced videos for BBB, Vera Bradley, and Overstock.
Here are a few highlights from my career so far:
- Helped a start-up grow by 100% each year, three years running
- Developed marketing strategies that delivered 91% new client close rates and 98% client retention rates
- Managed a team of writers, designers, social media specialists, and other content creators
- Created email campaigns that generated more than 40% open rates and 30% click-thru rates
- Created feature articles for 35 industries for more than 800,000 subscribers
- Achieved 30 to 40% conversion rates from our top and mid funnel landing pages
- Created the concept, strategy, and content for askbbb.org that helped triple BBB's incoming traffic
You can see some of my work here, or give me a call at 510-415-1155 or email me at Melissa@littleredwritinghood.me. I'd love to talk to you and see if there's something I can do to help.